Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Museum of Art

Every time I visit the BYU Museum of Art, I am taken aback at how amazing it is. It is a beautiful museum with some amazing exhibits. Our New Testament class had a great opportunity of going to visit an exhibit about Jesus Christ and artist's reflections on the resurrection. Many of the pieces had a deep impact on me. One of those was a sculpture about Christ reaching through the vail to a man trying to hold on to a rod. The piece had deep significance in the way the hands of the person were portrayed. Was he trying to hold on? Was he letting go? Was it too hard? Christ always has his hand outstretched to us if we're willing to accept it, but it is a difficult road to follow. So difficult that we often feel like we can't make it and we let go. The rod is always there and so is Christ, and if we're willing to make changes and have confidence in him he will be there to lift us back up.
The picture below is also featured at the museum, and had a huge impact on me. I was very touched by how much I resembled the prodigal son. How often I have disobeyed when I knew what was right and how often I have been so foolish as to do my own will. I felt the spirit as I viewed the painting and I realize that it was something very significant to me.

1 comment:

nat said...

I love how you become so personal in your blog posts. i really enjoy them. thank you. ps- want to eat at the MOA sometime? :)